Imported from England to Oxford in 1994, the Double Decker buses are icons in the City of Oxford. Visit Oxford offers seasonal bus tours with local historians on Friday’s before home football and baseball games. The tour guides provide a trip through history, visiting points of interest on the University of Mississippi campus and around the City, including William Faulkner historic sites. Private tours are available for booking with guidelines and pricing below.
Public Double Decker Bus Tours:
Public tours are available the Fridays before home Ole Miss football games and home Ole Miss SEC baseball weekends. Adult Tickets are $10, Kids $5.
Call 662-232-2477, email email@example.com or DM us on social media (@VisitOxfordMS) to reserve your seat.
*Private bookings of the Double Decker bus are limited at this time due to COVID-19.*
Bus Tour Guidelines:
- The Double Decker buses must be booked at least two weeks in advance of appointment.
- No schedule changes can be made 48 hours before an appointment.
- Bus tours cannot run longer than 3 hrs.
- In the case of inclement weather (i.e. rain, heavy rain/thunderstorms, snow/ice and very low temperatures) the tour will be subject to cancellation. Rain and weather cancellations will be determined at least 2 hours before an appointment.
- Not meant for transportation beyond tours. Can be booked for stationary event pictures, but not as event transportation. (i.e. weddings, parties, birthdays)
- Bus tours are $200/hr.
- Tour Guides are $75 – Only offered with the Guided 1 hour tour selection.
*Any additional time needed for a Tour Guide is by request only and will incur an additional fee of $50.
- Invoices are generated to the email on file after the tour is completed.
- All forms of payment are accepted. Checks must be made out to VISIT OXFORD
Double Decker Bus Rules:
- Buses are only permitted to travel within the Oxford City limits and are not allowed on the highway at any time.
- No food, drink or alcoholic beverages will be allowed on the bus.
- No pets are allowed on the bus.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Group must remain seated at all times. No one will be allowed to go aboard or leave the bus while it is in motion.